Sunday, June 29, 2008

A different week

This past week was definitely different and it stretched me more than any week so far.  Monday night I was serving my aisle…I served the first bowls of food, collected water pitchers and returned to the kitchen to fill them.  It was then that Mr. Gustafson, the program director and my old youth director, walked up to me.  His first words were something along the lines of “Here at camp we are pretty flexible”  I continued my work and nodded…then I heard something that stopped me dead in my tracks.  “and youre going to be a counselor this week”  I tried to breathe…I had no idea what to do as a counselor and that is the moment God began His week long stretching process on my life.  I had 8 campers…they were very diverse, and I had to find a way to bring unity to the cabin.  I can’t say that by the end of the week they were best friends, but they finally began to communicate.  None of them seemed to make life changing decisions but there were small changes by the end of the week.  I loved it and it was a great experience…of course im not going to say the stretching didn’t hurt at times, but God taught me a lot this week.

No comments: