Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sentamentalism

I used to think i wasn't the sentimental type, but within the past few years i have repeatedly seen a thread of sentimentalism running through my mind. I pushed it away until today when i was forced to see the harsh reality that i am senimental to my core. It's spirit week here at school, and after day one (Home state day), it has been a lot of fun. Well, as tomorrow is out of style, and you all know that i don't own anything that could be considered out of style (riiight)...Heidi, Rachel, Amy, and i headed out to find each of us the hideous fashion don't we would be willing to wear in front of our classmates. I found a great 90's sweatshirt at our first stop for a dollar, and against my better judgment i bought it. It really looks like someone threw up highlighter all over it, and it induces the gag reflex on sight. When we reached our second stop, i wasn't looking for anything...on my budget, the dollar was pushing it. Anway, i was walking through the aisles, wandering aimlessly, and laughing at Amy, heidi, and rachel, when something caught my eye. On a shelf full of stuffed animals marked 25 cents sat a little "Miss Piggy" plush. I'm sure many ppl had walked by the same shelf and even seen the same plush, but my mind was screaming at me faster than my hands could reach for it. This very plush was exactly the same as one of the set of 4 that my grandfather had bought me as a 1 1/2 year old little girl. I had to buy the plush, but as i looked up, there staring back at me was Fozzie. Then i had them 2 of the very toys that my grandfather had bought me from McDonalds. So 53 cents later, i am the proud owner of a piece of my childhood, and the knowledge that i am about as sentimental as they come.



Here are some pics of school so far!
Rachel and i taking a pic with our duckies at walmart
This is me at ShopKo...in the...uhhh...crafty disguise section
Rachel and i on Home state day...yeah we made our shirts they're pretty much awesome

Me, Rachel, Amy, and Heidi in our homemade Home State day shirts after we got back for thrift stores.

No comments: