Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Review in a long time...


More Lost Than Found by Jared Herd.  I picked up this book, not expecting much.  Most people my age are disgruntled with religion.  Even people in my circles don’t embrace their parents’ church or denomination.  We roll our eyes at certain subjects.  That also means there are a good number of books addressing the issue.  Herd challenges the believer to take a step outside what they’re used to and look at religion from a new angle.  It shows that the Christian life does not have to be a stale. 

That being said, the book doesn’t really say anything “new,” and it isn’t really coherent.  It wasn’t really intended for readers under the age of 30.  The author himself dreads turning 30.  As I am in my upper 20’s already, I didn’t really feel the book was geared toward me.

I received the book from the Booksneeze program.  I was not required to write a positive review.

 

No comments: