Monday, April 18, 2011

Wonderful features :)


This is my first Bible review. I'm kind of a Bible collecter. I have big ones, little ones, leather, hardcover, paperback, ESV, KJV, NKJV. Actually, this is my first NKJV. I sometimes look it up online to compare and study, but now, I simply have to go to my bookshelf. It's not my favorite translation, but I like having it around for comparison and study. This Bible is very nice. At first, I was a little skeptical that it was paperback, and though it did arrive a little bent (i blame the post office) it is well made and will stand the test of time. It also has the Nelson publishing lifetime Bible guarantee. Which guarantees quality for life. The is also very strong, which is usually a problem for bibles and me. NOW, on to the real things that make this bible different. It's the Take Action Bible. The "subtitle" is "Together we can change the world," and it goes on to say that the Bible recounts many stories of God taking ordinary people and calling them to act. Whether it be going, giving, teaching, or simply using your talents to serve God, this Bible challenges you to do exactly what God has called you to do. Its stories, recounting modern day servants of God, show that action was not just a thing of "bible times." Each story is followed up by a simple devotional that makes you think about how you could do something similar in your own life. If you don't know where to start, they have even included 52 ideas for service. Imagine God's people doing one thing a week to show his love, compassion, mercy, and justice to a lost world! I highly recommend this bible, and I will recommend it to the youth I work with who really want to do something with their lives for God :)


I recieved a free copy as part of the booksneeze program with Thomas Nelson Publishing. I was not required to post a positive review.

No comments: