Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Graduation and other fun things

So I officially walked out of the gym at maranatha with the class of 2011. I am an alumni. That feeling is pretty amazing. Another amazing feeling, I didn't fall walking across the stage in front of the world. My heel slipped...I felt my heart skip and then i squared my shoulders and walked slowly across the platform. Then came the tassel flip. Dr. Brock flipped my tassel, and it was like all my equilibrium was completely thrown off. I had to take a deep breath before I even thought about walking across the rest of the platform. Graduation was followed by the traditional hour of taking random pictures with absolutely anyone you ever shared a lunch table with, and then we were off to our open house and our hundreds of cookies. Hundreds...and i still have half of them downstairs in my kitchen. It was great and a blast to see some of the people that love Lori and I (we had our party together since a lot of people who would come to mine would come to hers as well). I just want to say a big THANKS! to everyone who made graduation a special day :)

No comments: