Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Seraph Seal



The Seraph Seal took me on a journey similar to what I would imagine to be The DaVinci Code, though I have never read it. The general idea is that a predestined group struggles to break the code of an early new testament manuscript before the predestined "evil" group does the same.

It is fortunate for this book's rating that I don't rely on fiction for doctrine. Doctrinally, this book gets a zero out of five stars, but as far as fiction goes, this book gets about three and a half stars out of five. The authors developed their characters very well, but any reader may struggle keeping up with each character through the many two paragraph anecdotes. The book was a bit predictable, but it certainly captured possible reactions of society to apocalyptic events. It was also interesting to see some possible modern applications of prophecy considering today's technology. One area where there was no room to fault the authors was on their amazing research. The Seraph Seal was one of the most clearly researched books I have ever read. There were very few discrepencies with the exception of the concept of translation, and a code being lost in it. Overall, it was a good fictional read with no doctrinal benefit. I would go as far as not to recommend this book to anyone without a biblical understanding of the end times.






I received this book as part of the Booksneeze program with Thomas Nelson publishing. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: