Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Untamed made me hungry...

Untamed by Lisa Harper left me wanting to search out my untamed Savior. The Savior I can't fit into any box. My Savior that although He doesn't fit in "their" box, doesn't fit in my box either. The God that isn't afraid to confront me about my sin. My God who is both the Lion and the Lamb. That was the purpose of this witty, attention grabbing book. With chapters about my wildly compelling and wildly faithful Savior, there were definitely moments where I just smiled thinking about how awesome my God really is. The format of this book made it very easy to read. I finished it in about 2 days, but it would have been much faster if i just had time to sit down and read! I didn't find the whole book peaches and cream. Though I loved her story telling, I at times feel that her handling of Scripture or bible stories was a little irreverent, though I'm sure that wasn't the case at all.

Though this may sound strange, I found my favorite part of the book to be the discussion questions included after every chapter. Though they were tied to the chapter itself, there were many times that I wouldn't at all have gleaned something from the chapter had it not been for these questions.

You can order this book here.
You can read an excerpt here.

I received this book as part of the Blogging For Books program with this publisher.

No comments: