Sunday, May 29, 2011

Picking my scabs...

It amazes me that as humans, we are prone to poke our wounds when they are just starting to heal. As a child, I poked my scabs...and picked at them...I would pick 'em just enough to get to the point where they weren't ready to come off, and i would pull at it slowly. We enjoy pain...I'm not sure why. Maybe we just like to feel something. Maybe it's only when the wounds are the severing lines of something we just don't think we can ever really let go of. Maybe we don't trust God enough to believe that healing and tomorrow is better than pain and yesterday. The thing i learned from all that scab picking as a kid. The ones i never picked at...they just went away. The ones i obsessively picked at. Those are the ones that are actual scars today. I wish it was as easy as letting God rub some antibiotic ointment on there and believing Him that its going to feel better soon if we just leave it alone.

No comments: