Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Waiting Place........hmmmm

This book looked perfect. The premise really kind of outlines where I am in life. One of those times when you feel like the universal remote of life has been used to push pause. When you aren't sure where you're going or how to get there, and you're just stuck waiting. When I first read this book, I was kind of disappointed in that I didn't feel like it hit on just what it was supposed to. It didn't give me verses to read to meditate through the "dark" places of the "waiting place." It didn't give me those little Christian inspirational "pep talks" that tell me everthing is going to be ok if you just hang in there another day or two. It was really well written, a captivating read of humor and a little drama and trauma, but it didn't have what i thought it should be. It just didnt...but I waited to write a review. I waited almost a week. I can't explain why I didn't post right away, but I gave the book time to set in. Then i realized the whole point of the book was not to commiserate with you in the Waiting place but to show you that the waiting place is a place we are in our whole lives in some way or another, and if we just wish away the "waiting places," we wish away our entire lives. I liked this book...a lot...there were little parts here and there when i was like ooooo...thats not what I would have chosen but overall it was a genuine look into Eileen Button's life. A few of the things I would have probably left out were her struggles as a pastor's wife, but then again....that makes it genuine. I would probably give this book a 4 out of 5 star rating :)

I recieved this book free as a part of the Booksneeze program of Thomas Nelson Publishing

No comments: