Friday, September 16, 2011

Are you Ready?!?

Today I met the fifth graders that I will be working with for three months this semester. I can't wait! I learned all of their names today...short term memory anyway, and I can't wait until I get to be there everyday. Just like any class they come with their share of difficulties, but I felt as ready as I can be to work with them. God is so good to give me this opportunity. It felt really great to be called Miss Kauffman again (or Mrs. Kauffman depending on the student). I saw all my little third graders from last year...who are now bigger fourth graders. It's craziness I say :) I miss them like crazy, and it was so good to see them all. I was reminded today of how funny kids are. One kid, while making their scientist, sang "im gonna make my hands now" to the tune of "everybody dance now." I just stood there and smiled. I love being in a classroom more than anything else on this planet.

No comments: