Friday, September 30, 2011

Last Great Hope

Life has become busy lately...busy and distracting, but more of that in another post. This post is finally a book review. After posting one or two a week for so long, I can't believe it took me this long to post again. It wasn't the book's fault. I accept full blame.

I just finished Our Last Great Hope by Ronnie Floyd. The book discusses the need for God's people to carry out the Great Commission. It talks about the urgency and the fact that the church has fallen asleep in the face of this great need. I feel like I can sum up the book this way, "what could you be doing that you aren't doing to further the Great Commission and see souls saved in your community and across the world? Question answered? Go do it!" It was convicting and heart breaking to see the things that we have really dropped the ball on, yet Floyd offers hope by encouraging his readers that they can only do what they can do, but if everyone does what they can do, the job will get done. Floyd is a Southern Baptist pastor that worked on a committee to design a plan that could actually accomplish world evangelism. Now his dream is to see that plan executed and world evangelism once again become a reality.

The book was interesting. I can't say the writing gripped me, but the topic did. All that being said i do disagree with one premise of the book. That is that we are the last great hope. I know that this is not what the author intended, but I feel that I mus say it. God can accomplish His will however he wishes, but He has chosen to let us be a part of it.

I received this book as a part of the Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: