Thursday, December 14, 2006

It feels so good...

Well, tonight i hit the gym...this is my first time, but it was great. I thought about coming home for break and just walking like i did before, but i wasn't really thinking cause it is FREEZING here, so i talked to my friend rachel (she works at a ladies gym). I was thinking that i might have to pay through the nose, but i knew i had to do something. Rachel was able to get me the greatest deal ever. I can work out for a dollar a session!!! So anyway, tonight was the first time i got to go. It was awesome! I did 2 circuits, walked a half mile, and biked 6 1/2 miles. Working out feels so good!! I have really been slacking lately and i am hoping this will be the motivation i need to get back on the ball.

Anyhoo, tomorrow is my church's Christmas banquet and i am soo excited. I love being home, and anything i can do to get together with my friends is awesome. Last night was the teen Christmas party and my youth director's last wednesday night directing our teen program. The teen activities are held at my church's new building, and they let all the college students go last night. It was awesome. There were so many ppl and my youth group has such a great spirit. It was kinda wierd when trisha, jamie, leah, mary, charles, tom, and i were back in with that group. I was so wierd to think that when the Gustafson's first got there we were all awkward 12 and 13 year olds who had no idea what we were doing with our lives, and now some are getting married, and some are working, and i don't think i ever left that awkward stage, but whatever. Anyhoo, there was a gift exchange and it was pretty funny cause there wasn't really time, so they put all the gifts in the middle, numbered the teens, and then let them pick a gift from the pile. It was great when mike got a super cute purse and brian got some of the nicest hair barrettes i had ever seen. Jenny's tie looked pretty nice too.

I got to visit my pastor today. He had surgery on the 7th, so charles and i hadn't seen him until today. He was still pretty talkative and didn't seem to LOVE staying in his house all the time. He is hoping he can get out and go to church by Wednesday, but i told him not to take it too fast. My youth director is having surgery tomorrow for the same thing, but i am praying his isn't as serious. Well, i am going to go enjoy watching my t.v, for at least the 2 weeks i have left.

No comments: