Saturday, December 23, 2006

WIll i let this change my life??

Ok, so i don't normally post on here this frequently anymore, but this morning something happened that i hope and pray will change my life. I was reading my Bible, which i shamefully admit i don't do as i ought, and i read the 15th Psalm. It was one of the most incredible passages i have ever read. It just jumped off the page at me.
1 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. 3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. 4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. 5 He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

This whole passage encompasses what the Christian life should be. These are the essential elements that must be present for someone to be truly living for God. I want to live this psalm out. I want to use this psalm as the criterion for my daily life. I have a friend that i consider special (no im not dating him :-p). i have only gotten to know them in the past few months, but from what i can see his life lines up with these principles. I am so lucky to have him as a friend, and although i know that he will most likely never read this, i want to thank God for allowing me to know him. God is so good to me no matter how many times i fail Him!!

The only thing now is i have to allow this to really change me...i don't know who God will use to keep me accountable on this, but the Lord always provides our needs...o and on that note, my loan got approved today!!

No comments: