Monday, November 12, 2007

Lookin' like an idiot what's new?

Take two thin strips of metal...attach them to two very uncomfortable boots, then put them on your feet and try to stay upright while being thrust out onto an ice covered surface. To me, that makes about as much sense as jumping off the roof with cardboard wings and expecting to fly, but on Saturday, for the first time in my life, i went iceskating. Now for those of you that don't know, not only do i not iceskate, but i don't roller blade, roller skate, skateboard, or ski either. I just have this thing about attaching anything abnormal to my feet. By the time i got on the ice the only things i was thinking is how do i stay vertical, and what am i doing here? My answer to the first question was move as slowly as possible even when getting passed by small children...however that didn't seem to completely remedy the problem and i ended up on the ice three times. To answer the second question, my brain rehearsed the scenario that occurred after ali asked me what i was doing saturday night, and i responded that i had no idea. She proceeded to point her toothbrush at me and say, "you're going iceskating with us!!!!" The "us" happened to be about 20 ppl from school...It sounded fun...i must have had a mental lapse. When we got there i tried to convince everyone that i could just sit on the sidelines and watch...that didn't happen. The night did end with us all having a ton of fun at Texas Roadhouse....some pics are included for your enjoyment...luckily none of them include me actually skating.
This is one of the rachels on my floor and I

Here i am with part of the group...And my table at Roadhouse...we walked in with a party of 18...it was interesting

and finally, charlotte, katie, and i after we got done skating

No comments: