Sunday, February 24, 2008

It ended well :-)

These past few weeks have totally rotted. I mean to the point that i wanted to crawl into bed and never come out. Between the school losing my time card, resulting in a serious lack of monetary funds, my grandmother's health deteriorating, being sick myself, and all those little things that happen to go wrong when you're having that type of few weeks, i didn't think i would ever see the light. There were a few highlights during those dark days. I got a supplementary grant for school and God worked a little in the life of a friend of mine. God gave me those "pity bursts" between the clouds. I am so glad He did. Through the whole thing, i kept thinking, either God is about to do something amazing, and Satan is trying to get me to quit just before it, or God is keeping me from something that wouldn't be good for me. There's a verse that says "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Well, i wasn't really weeping, but Thursday was definitely my morning. I went to my mailbox, and there was my check...that made me pretty happy now that i can buy little things that i need. Then I decided to check my mail again because im obsessed with mail like that, and there was an award letter for a scholarship i had all but given up on. I went back to my room rejoicing and decided i was going to get my spring break arrangements ready. God gave me a one way plane ticket home for 45 dollars and allowed me to have a ride back to school with my youth group. God is so amazing :-D

No comments: