Saturday, July 22, 2006

You know you work in a factory when...

Well, as you all well know, I am spending my summer sweating my way through working in a factory. I thought i would let you all know some of the red flags that tell you that you are employed at a factory:
  • The average temperature is 150 degrees even though the broken themometer is stuck at 65.
  • Your co-workers look like they are walking, living exhibits at the American Tatoo and Piercing Museum.
  • Since the radio is constantly blaring your local rock station, you have memorized every song that is played and every radio ad.
  • The vending machines in the break room contain not only pop and chips, but cheeseburgers, chicken salad, and several other item that you would rather not eat from a vending machine...trust me they are pretty gross.
  • During break, you sit at a table and listen to your co-workers discuss their illegal activities...prior convictions and drug use are the main topics.
  • You know the difference between a multi-depth and a koozie box by sight...this might just apply to the place i work.
  • You have mastered how to use a tape gun...trust me, they aren't the easiest.
  • The tips of your fingers are burnt from taking extremely hot parts off the line.
  • You have a line....
  • No matter how much the clean, it is never clean...

Well, i guess that is enough for now. Actually, the factory hasn't killed me...yet. I only have about 18 or 19 more days of actual work.

So my church is building a fence around the "lake" that we bought next door. Since my factory is just down the road from my church, i have been walking down after work, helping with the fence, and waiting for Charles to take me home. It has been fun...my youth director is the one in charge of this whole fence thing. I haven't really been able to talk to him since i went to college. I don't know why there sometimes seems to be this line drawn between the college students and the youth director. I mean, just two short years ago i was in that youth group, and my youth director's family had a GREAT impact on my life. Anyway, we had a great time laughing and joking around. It is amazing to me how even though i was super exhausted after work, i was able to work for about 2 1/2 hours at the church. Well, i'm kinda sleepy...

No comments: