Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rough week

This has been a pretty rough week...and its only 12:30 on Tuesday night...or Wednesday morning if you want to get technical, but i haven't even thought about sleep yet, so its still Tuesday. I guess to explain my week, i have to slightly recap starting on Saturday. Saturday was our annual mother daughter banquet. It was great, we had a wonderful time, and it was a lot of fun. We ate meatballs, penne pasta, salad, and various desserts. I wouldn't usually go over the menu, but it comes into play later. Sunday was an amazing day...church was great! It was so nice to be back home, and see everyone, and Pastor preached some pretty great messages about mothers and the proverbs 31 woman. After the morning service, Charles and i took a picture in front of the church for mom for mother's day. We haven't done a pic in about six years, so it was time. When we went to walmart, i was stuck behind a lady at the photos in seconds kiosk that cropped the death out of all of her pictures...she would take a decent picture and crop out ever semblence of the background. It was sad really...but anyway, she had around 50 pics...so i stood there patiently while she killed her pictures. Then put my order in while hers printed. Well, just before she as done printing, the machine ran completely out of picure paper...so they had to fix that. Needless to say, i should have just done one hour...it would have been faster. But don't worry, that really has nothing to do with why my week has been rough. Monday morning i got up when my mom had to go to her doctor's appointment for the allergic reaction she had to some medication. Around two o'clock, Charles called and asked how i was feeling...I kinda thought it an interesting question for him to call home from work about, but i told him i was feeling fine. He then informed me that over 80 ladies who had gone to our mother daughter banquet had gotten super sick. Remember that menu? well they think the meatballs were bad. Throughout the day, i felt a little queasy, but mom and i both kept everything down. Many of my friends, however, spent all day monday violently sick. So this morning, i was looking forward to sleeping in and generally doing nothing again...ok so i wasn't looking forward to it (ive been boredout of my mind) but it was my plan. I awoke to my phone ringing...it was my dad telling me to pray for mom, sh was going into the ER cause ppl at work thought she looked yellow. I kinda thought dad was blowing things out of proportion...i mean ppl don't just turn yellow. A couple hours later, Charles called and told me mom either was going through liver failure, or she had hepatitis...i immediately got a little more worried. Then Charles called back...mom had hepatitis. Now when i think hepatitis, i think deadly disease. Thankfully, it just means inflamed liver (which still isn't good, but better than fatal disease). Turns out it was most likely caused by a prescription shes on. She came home, and she was fine...but i was feeling pretty terrible...just some random chronic stomach pains that still haven't completely subsided, so i decided to lie down and go to sleep. My parents decided to go out to dinner...fine with me...i was sleeping and i didn't feel good. They came home...bringing me food...for which i was thankful, but most of it is still sitting in the fridge. A few hours went by, and i decided it was time to head to my room, to possibly go to sleep, but prolly just stay up listening to music and messing around with some pics i've recently taken. A few minutes later dad yelled that they were going back to the hospital...mom was bleeding...and they were going by ambulance...which scared me...so right now im sitting on my bed at almost 1am waiting for a phone call from the hospital...my stomach hurts and i kinda wanna sleep, but i can't...gotta admit im scared...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Mary!!! I am praying for you and your mom too! Call me when you find out something and let me know how she is doing.. you have my cell number and my work number is 336-764-2020. I hope everything is ok. I love ya girl!